A cohesive team is a team led by a leader who understands the need for a willingness to work together and make accommodations when necessary.
There are indicators that can help teams determine whether they are working well together or not. They are the critical elements of inter-team functioning. How teams handle each of these areas determines how effectively they will interact with other groups.
When inter-team functioning is effective, you will see:
- Willingness to Help Each Other and Make Accommodations — When needed, team members are willing and able to help each other to accomplish the task at hand. Both teams make the necessary accommodations to account for the work of the other team. Independent teamwork would lead to the other team not accomplishing its work and, therefore, a half-finished job.
Teams need to be aware of the dynamics that are operating between them and find ways to address the critical elements so that greater productivity and satisfaction can be achieved.
In our next post, we will explore conflict management, one of nine elements of effective inter-team functioning.
Jungle Escape can be used as a standalone team building game or as part of a more comprehensive training program. It was developed specifically for new and intermediate work groups, but it’s also an excellent refresher and energizer for more mature teams. You can also use the game to:
- Introduce the elements of effective teamwork
- Kick off a team-building workshop or seminar
- Improve productivity between multiple work teams
- Identify group issues or concerns that block team performance
- Energize established work teams
Register for this course, morning or afternoon session available:
Learn the skills you need to establish a willingness to help each other and make accommodations in your team through our leadership coaching events in Colorado and Wyoming. Sign up today!