In order to create are more cohesive, successful team, leaders need to ensure that there is one, agreed-upon method for gathering information.
There are indicators that can help teams determine whether they are working well together. They are the critical elements of inter-team functioning. How teams handle each of these areas determines how effectively they will interact with other groups.
When inter-team functioning is effective, you will see:
- Information Gathering — Teams members have an agreed-upon approach for gathering information from the other team, rather than using a random approach.
Teams need to be aware of the dynamics that are operating between them and find ways to address the critical elements so that greater productivity and satisfaction can be achieved.
In our next post, we will explore sharing relevant information, one of nine elements of effective inter-team functioning.
Jungle Escape can be used as a standalone team building game or as part of a more comprehensive training program. It was developed specifically for new and intermediate work groups, but it’s also an excellent refresher and energizer for more mature teams. You can also use the game to:
- Introduce the elements of effective teamwork
- Kick off a team-building workshop or seminar
- Improve productivity between multiple work teams
- Identify group issues or concerns that block team performance
- Energize established work teams
Register for this course, morning or afternoon session available:
There are many elements that make a team successful, but having a great leader is one of the most important. Sign up for one of our leadership seminars today to take the first step towards becoming a better leader.