There are indicators that can help teams determine whether they are working well together. They are the critical elements of inter-team functioning. How teams handle each of these areas determines how effectively they will interact with other groups.
When inter-team functioning is effective you will see:
- Communication — Interactions are open and flexible; communication that is too rigid or accommodating would lead to inefficient work. When problems arise, communication is aimed at solving them rather than finding blame.
Teams need to be aware of the dynamics that are operating between them and find ways to address the critical elements so that greater productivity and satisfaction can be achieved.
In our next post, we will explore active listening, one of nine elements of effective inter-team functioning.
Jungle Escape can be used as a standalone team building game or as part of a more comprehensive leadership coaching program. It was developed specifically for new and intermediate work groups, but it’s also an excellent refresher and energizer for more mature teams. You can also use the game to:
- Introduce the elements of effective teamwork
- Kick off a team-building workshop or seminar
- Improve productivity between multiple work teams
- Identify group issues or concerns that block team performance
- Energize established work teams
Register for this course, morning or afternoon session available:
To learn about this leadership coaching activity or any of our leadership seminars, and how they can help you improve inter-team communication and become a more effective leader, please visit us online or contact us today.