Elements of Effective Inter-team Functioning: Climate
There are indicators that can help teams determine whether they are working well together. They are the critical elements of inter-team functioning. How teams handle each of these areas determines how effectively they will interact with other groups.
When inter-team functioning is effective you will see:
- Climate — A cooperative, supportive atmosphere exists in which people from different teams feel open and free to offer their ideas and perspectives.
Teams need to be aware of the dynamics that are operating between them and find ways to address the critical elements so that greater productivity and satisfaction can be achieved.
In our next post, we will explore communication, one of nine elements of effective inter-team functioning.
Jungle Escape can be used as a standalone team building game or as part of a more comprehensive training program. It was developed specifically for new and intermediate work groups, but it’s also an excellent refresher and energizer for more mature teams. You can also use the game to:
- Introduce the elements of effective teamwork
- Kick off a team-building workshop or leadership seminar
- Improve productivity between multiple work teams
- Identify group issues or concerns that block team performance
- Energize established work teams
Register for this course, morning or afternoon session available:
To learn more about how Jungle Escape and our leadership seminars can help you create a climate designed for exception inter-team functionality, please visit us online or contact us today.