A leader’s success depends on the success of their team, and active listening is an essential component of every successful team.
There are indicators that can help teams determine whether they are working well together. They are the critical elements of inter-team functioning. How teams handle each of these areas determines how effectively they will interact with other groups.
When inter-team functioning is effective, you will see:
- Active Listening — Team members are open to new ideas, whether those ideas come from one’s own team or the other team.
Teams need to be aware of the dynamics that are operating between them and find ways to address the critical elements so that greater productivity and satisfaction can be achieved.
In our next post, we will explore information gathering, one of nine elements of effective inter-team functioning.
Jungle Escape can be used as a standalone team building game or as part of a more comprehensive training program. It was developed specifically for new and intermediate work groups, but it’s also an excellent refresher and energizer for more mature teams. You can also use the game to:
- Introduce the elements of effective teamwork
- Kick off a team-building workshop or seminar
- Improve productivity between multiple work teams
- Identify group issues or concerns that block team performance
- Energize established work teams
Register for this course, morning or afternoon session available:
Would you like to learn how to form a more cohesive, successful team by becoming a better leader? Sign up for one of our leadership coaching events today!